Friday, December 7, 2012

TRANSITION

Transition.....this has been the description of my life for the past 10+ months.  Let me tell you why.....

Baby Jack arrived on January 23rd and life has been non stop ever since!  Nothing prepares you for baby.  Not the birthing classes, or the 'how to take care of baby' classes or the books or the things you can read on the internet or the iPhone Apps you can download or even your own Mom.  You just can't really be prepared for a baby that you know nothing about.  You can have all the onesies, sheets, blankets, burp cloths, diapers, wipes.....you get the point.  But, what if your baby spits up a lot?  What do you do?  Do you change formula, do you treat them for acid reflux?  What if your baby wants to eat every 1.5 hours?  Is that normal?  What if your baby wakes up in the middle of the night screaming but he doesn't have a fever, he doesn't seem to be sick, so what gives?  What about the nights that you are up at 3am rocking/feeding baby while the rest of the house is pitch black and quiet.....No one prepares you for the loneliness of those nights.  Now, don't get me wrong, there is a tremendous amount of bonding that goes on with Mom and Baby during those night hours but I admit, I was lonely being up at that hour with the Moon and the Stars:)  So, you get my point that I wasn't prepared and it took me a while to feel comfortable with Jack and my new 'Mom' status.  But then, I had to go back to work.  That is the next 'transition' because work for me was never the same.  I just found myself in a circle that I couldn't get out of.  This seemed to go on for months and finally Lee and I decided that the best thing for our family was a new job for me.  I was offered a fabulous opportunity and I jumped at it!  I've been at my new job for almost 2 months now and I can feel everything coming together......finally.  We also moved into a new house in November.  Lee and I were both feeling a little claustrophobic in our apartment.  We were busting at the seams and needed more space!  Jack seems to have transitioned best out of all of us!  He loves the house and loves his new room.  He started a new daycare on Monday (Merryhill Flower Mound) and he has transitioned beautifully there with Ms. Claire and Ms. Sara.  

Hopefully, this is the last of our transitions for a while.  I don't think I can handle much more:)  I have been out of a routine for so long now that I have taken Jack to daycare and left his bottles/diaper bag at home.....twice!  I met my parents yesterday because they are taking Jack for the weekend.....and I left my wallet and iPad in Jack's diaper bag (now they reside in Tyler until he comes home).  And then today I didn't leave the top lock unlocked for Lee so that he could get into the house (long story but I have the garage door opener and he goes in thru the front door for now), so I had to go home and let him in and then head back to work.  I don't know why I can't get my self together but I am in desperate need of that routine again.  It's coming, we've got it down - almost.  

Never did I realize how getting out of a routine would effect my family's daily routine!  

That, short and sweet, catches you up to where the Gwaltney Family is today.  

For those that are interested, our new address:

Gwaltney
1129 Coker Dr.
Flower Mound, TX  75028

No comments:

Post a Comment